If an agency has entered into a contract with you and refuses to act according to the agreement, you have a right to arbitration in civil law and if an arbitration agreement was in your contract.
This arbitration happens VERY fast (within days).
- Either party to the contract may ask for emergency arbitration.
- The party that asks for one must fill out a form asking for one.
- They must answer these questions:
A. Nature of the relief sought and
B. The reasons why such relief is required on an emergency basis.
C. The application shall also set forth the reasons why the party is entitled to such relief.
- The claimant must send the same information to the respondent.
- The arbitrator will ALSO send a Notice of Demand for Emergency Arbitration to the respondent.
- This can be done by email.
- All parties to the agreement have 24 hours after receiving the email or mailed notice to contact the arbitrator to schedule a hearing.
- The arbitrator will then contact the parties of the time for an emergency ZOOM arbitration hearing.
- The claimant will get to speak first with their claims and what emergency decision they would like the arbitrator to make.
- The respondent then gets to speak to counter their claim with any facts showing why the arbitrator should not make that decision.
- Once the arbitrator believes they have enough information to make a decision, they will close the hearing and will write up a “reasoned” Award”. This award may or may not go your way.
- Payment for an emergency Arbitration must be paid in full by both parties to take part in the hearing.
- Nonpayment by the respondent of the emergency arbitration fee will not stop the arbitration hearing from commencing on schedule.
- All parties have 24 hours to contest the choice of arbitrator.
- Once the hearing begins, no party may contest the choice of the arbitrator.
BEFORE YOU PAY, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO FILL OUT THE FORM!
1. Your address, phone number, and email address
2. (If you have one for the arbitration) Your representatives name, address, and phone number
3. The name of the Agency or the person you contracted with that has defaulted on your contract.
4. The address, phone number, and email address of the Agency or person you contracted with.
Our fee to do an EMERGENCY arbitration is $1,000
When you are done paying, you may fill out the form below.
It will automatically be sent also to any email address you put into the form including your own.
The more respondent email addresses you use in the form, the better.